The Old East Village is located in the East-Central part of London. It is bound by Quebec Street on the east, Queens Avenue on the south, Adelaide Street north on the west and Central Avenue on the north, in the city of London. The district consists of approximately 805 properties, located on eight intersecting and parallel streets, that were constructed between 1860 and 1930.
Why Move To Old East Village in London, Ontario
Old East Village is becoming a very popular up-and-coming neighbourhood, the rich history of the area makes it easy to find a diamond in the rough to fix up and call home. Back in the day it use to feel like the wrong side of the tracks but now it's electric filled with fresh thinking entrepreneurs with a real sense of pride.
Walking through Old East Village you will notice all the unique homes reminiscent of popular architecture styles like Classic Revival, Victorian or Italianate; each one unique from the different development periods! Old east is known for narrow building lots and small front yard set-backs with beautiful Queen Anne style homes that catch your eye with geometric trim designs or Ontario Cottage bungalows will stand out with a Gothic Victorian feel! You can really feel the rich feeling of history of the area seeing all the decorative trim work, classic keyhole windows or the beautiful stain glass windows hanging over the front doors!
Driving along the Dundas corridor its hard not to notice all the new unique shops and cafes with new ones popping up everyday. Revitalization is going on around every corner and with unique traits and elements of this small neighbourhood people are starting to notice and investing in the area is becoming a trendy thing to do, Don't miss out on the huge potential of living and raising a family in this unique area of London that has lately been compared to the charming Wortley Village on the other side of town.
While your in town;
- Pick up local groceries & shopping on Saturday & Sunday at the Western Fair Farmers & Artisans market
- Check out the Palace Theatre
- Learn a Little at the London Clay Art Centre
- Grab a local t-shirt at Illburry & Goose
- Stop in at the Root Cellar where 80% of their food comes from within a 45-minute radius of the restaurant
- Try Tony's Famous Italian Pizza & Panzarotti
- Check out McCulloch's Costume & Party Supplies the best costume store for all occasions!
- Check out the Aeolian Hall Performing Arts Centre
- Take a night out at the Yuk Yuk's Comedy Club
- Try our a night at the top of Top of the Fair Buffet Dinner & Horse Racing